Pat Sajak Leaves ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Fans Heartbroken After His Retirement News on Twitter

Grab your tissues, folks. After more than four decades on television, Pat Sajak revealed he is officially retiring from hosting Wheel of Fortune.

The longtime game show personality shocked fans on June 12 when he posted the surprise announcement on Twitter. In the tweet, which quickly went viral on the social media platform, Pat shared his plans to leave after the 2023-2024 season set to begin later this fall. The moment is also significant for him, as it will mark the end of his hosting Wheel of Fortune after joining in 1981.

“Well, the time has come,” he wrote. “I’ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in September, will be my last. It’s been a wonderful ride, and I’ll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all. (If nothing else, it’ll keep the clickbait sites busy!).”

With Pat being a staple of the game show for close to half a century, many viewers wasted no time sharing how much he has meant to them over the years. What’s more, some couldn’t help but feel emotional over the turn of events.

‘Celebrity Wheel of Fortune’
“Noooooo! That’s me selfishly screaming for you to stay! Of course you deserve an amazing retirement. Thank you for being a national treasure, sir! ❤️,” one person wrote on Twitter. “Congratulations on a job well done! You deserve this!” another replied. “You’re the best, Pat. You made the show what it us today! Thank you,” a different follower commented.

Although Pat’s retirement is on the horizon, he won’t be leaving the Wheel of Fortune world so quickly. In an official statement obtained by Deadline, after he steps away from the stage he’ll have a new role behind the scenes.

“As the host of Wheel of Fortune, Pat has entertained millions of viewers across America for 40 amazing years,” said Suzanne Prete, EVP Game Shows at Sony Pictures Television. “We are incredibly grateful and proud to have had Pat as our host for all these years, and we look forward to celebrating his outstanding career throughout the upcoming season.”

This content is imported from youTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

“Pat has agreed to continue as a consultant on the show for three years following his last year hosting,” she added. “So, we’re thrilled to have him remaining close to the Wheel of Fortune family.”

Additionally. Pat spoke out about the subject during a conversation with Entertainment Tonight in September 2022, with implications evident of his impending exit months ahead of the announcement. “We’re getting near the end,” he told the outlet. “It’s been a long [time]. We’re not gonna do this for another 40 years. The end is near. It’s an honor to have been in people’s living rooms for that long. We’re happy and proud.”

We’ll miss you, Pat!

Related Posts

Wheel of Fortune Contestant Sparks Nationwide Controversy After Split-Second Final Answer Wins $55,050

What began as a routine episode of Wheel of Fortune quickly turned into one of the show’s most debated finishes. Contestant Sarah LaPilusa entered the game like…

Contestant Loses Out on a Life-Changing $1 Million Prize After a Brutal Final Puzzle Collapse on Wheel of Fortune

The atmosphere inside Wheel of Fortune felt unusually lively during a special “Bragging Rights” episode. Instead of strangers, coworkers competed, bringing humor, teasing, and familiarity to the…

Plants that should not be planted around the house because they attract snakes, everyone needs to know to avoid them. Check the 1st comment

Snakes are animals that often appear in daily life, especially in regions with warmer climates or dense vegetation. Their presence can create fear and confusion, particularly when…

Only people with an IQ of 140 can spot the 5 differences.

Color in fashion is more than aesthetics—it’s a form of emotional expression and communication. The shades you wear can influence mood, shape perception, and reflect personality, making…

Queen Camilla sends clear message to Trump with ‘key’ clothing detail

The message wasn’t spoken—it was worn. As King Charles and Queen Camilla arrived in the U.S., attention went beyond smiles to a subtle but pointed signal. While…

Style Sparks Firestorm As Cabinet Spouse’s Dinner Look Goes Vira

The 2026 White House Correspondents’ Dinner was meant to follow a familiar script—formal, controlled, and carefully managed. But within hours, the narrative shifted in two unexpected ways:…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *